Sunday, October 23, 2011

Florida's Foliage

Today my brother Nick and I took a road trip to view Florida's Foliage. I know exactly what your thinking. Florida? Foliage? I've never heard of it before either but about an hour and a half north of my hometown is a small town called Florida, Massachusetts. It is a town over from North Adams and it is situated on top of a mountain.



 Nick and I have been planning this trip for a few weeks now hoping to make it out there before the foliage season is over. Unfortunately for us this season has been very rainy and windy which has made the leaves a dull brown and yellow. Because of the strong winds a lot of the trees are already bare. Nick took me to a place that he has been to called hair pins turn. Hair pins turn is just like it sounds, in the shape of a hair pin.


It is located in North Adams and it has a beautiful view of the mountainous region below. Here are some pictures from our Sunday afternoon daytrip.


Another downer for the day was that it was kind of cloudy so the lighting wasn't good for pictures. Eventually the clouds burned off a bit. Either way I had a great time spending a few hours with Nick. On our way home we stopped at a few more places along the mountains edge to take some pictures.



 





No comments:

Post a Comment