Friday, September 9, 2011

Introduction



Hi Everyone!
Glad you came to check out my blog! My name is Kaleigh. I am 21 and I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone. I actually kind of enjoy this because I love familiar faces. It’s comfortable and feels like home. I am currently in college trying to get my diagnostic medical imaging sonography degree (for ultrasounds). I have about two or three years until I graduate. Yea, I know, I should have my degree by next year since I will have been in college for four years but it has been a slow process. I have mostly been a part time student since I graduated high school but that is because I got married straight out of high school and I don’t regret it one bit! I love my husband! I don’t recommend it to everyone but for me it was my personal fairytale story. I love my life how it is but I will admit it is a tough being married at a young age. I am not only planning for my future as a sonographer but we both need to work full time to support ourselves and have good health insurance. I work at a nursing home. The job is, eh, well it’s a job and I am greatful that it pays. My favorite part about it is that I love the elderly, you can learn a lot from them. That’s enough about my life – more about my blog. Recently a close friend showed me some blogs on the internet that I fell in love with. Mostly I liked it beings I enjoy arts and crafts and you can learn a lot about how to make things, how to decorate a home on a budget and how to use your own creative talents. I have always enjoyed the arts. I have always been interested in painting, photography and poetry. In the past I did a lot of art work – not so much now because of a lack of time but hopefully this blog will motivate me. The mediums that I have used are watercolors, colored pencils, graphite, pen & ink, and acrylics. I also enjoy making artwork with seashells, wire and beads and much more. This blog will interest people of all types. I promise that you will not only learn how to make a seashell mirror but you will learn how to scavenge the beach and when the best times and locations are to find these shells. I will guide you through the process of how to build a completely edible gingerbread house, and how to decorate a beautiful cake. If you are planning a wedding, a bridal shower, or a baby shower I will give you ideas on how to create your own party favors and how to decorate. I take most of my inspirations from local artists that I want to support. I also like the idea that everyone has a little artistic talent in them and I want to show them how to cultivate that talent. Please remember this blog is a work in progress but I hope you all enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment