Monday, October 3, 2011

Button Letters

I really liked the patterns that I chose for the decopauge pumpkins. Eventually those pumpkins are going to rot and I will lose those beautiful patterns. I had a lot of extra sheets of it so I decided to use them for another more permanent project. I decided to create a 3 piece series of pictures frames to hang in my future new home! Can't wait!
I found this picture one day while surfing the internet and loved it! Instead of making a pillow out of it I decided that I would use this same type of design for another project. I would create button letters on paper and later frame them. I first began by sketching out the letters.

Then I carefully cut the letters out and used a glue stick to glue them onto the patterned paper that I had saved.


I wasn't sure about where I could get buttons in bulk. I suppose Joann's Fabrics, AC Moore, Michaels or any other craft store will carry them. I was able to find them at Walmart for $1.50 a package. I bought 3 packages, totalling $4.50. I started by applying the buttons to large areas at a time and along the border with a glue gun.


After I completed the first layer, I added a second layer to fill in any gaps. This was a really easy, fun project. Here is the finished product.
                    

All I need to do now is find the perfect frame. I love picture frames but I am very picky about the ones I choose. I prefer square over rectangle and I prefer that they have a mat border in them to enhance the pictures. Hopefully I will find some that I like soon!
Of course! This stands for Johnny & Kaleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment